With October in full swing, we are seeing pumpkins, brooms, cobwebs and more strewn across our neighbors front yard. Children and adults alike have already begun thinking up a costume for Halloween. We are more than ready to celebrate Halloween at Chester Skateland and we want to help you prepare.
First, do your kids ever ask you how Halloween got started or what it’s about? Do you just ever wonder about the history yourself? Well, here is Halloween history in a nutshell with the help of the History Channel:
Halloween dates back to an old Celtic Festival over 2,000 years ago. The Celts celebrated the end of harvest and the beginning of a cold, dark winter they often associated with death. They believed on October 31st that the worlds of the living and dead collided. They would wear costumes and burn massive bonfires throughout the night to scare the ghosts away. From there the holiday just grew and morphed into what it is today.
After that holiday history refresher, let’s talk about the best ways to celebrate Halloween. First, we have our annual Halloween Spooktober Skate on October 25th at 7:30 p.m.. This fun night of music, skating and scares will be complete with a DJ and everyone in costume. If you want to plan your own Halloween Celebration, Chester Skateland would love to host and help! We have some awesome private party options with the ability to bring your own freaky food and drinks. Our private parties include a DJ to provide music to you and your guests for the entirety of the party.
Want to host a Halloween Party at Chester Skateland but aren’t sure of how to make it something different? We are here to help! Here are some fun ways to spook out your private party at Chester:
- Costume party (obviously).
- Pick a Theme (Day of the Dead, Zombie Apocalypse, famous killers, famous killer couples, Alien invasion).
- Since you can bring your own food to Chester, have everyone bring their favorite spooky or gross dish.
- Onesie Party. Onesies are surprisingly easy to roller skate in and are super comfy. Have your guests find their favorite at Wal-Mart, Target or Amazon for under $20 and see who the party favorite is.
- Start or end the night back at your house with a screening of My Super Psycho Sweet 16, a horror film centered around a roller skating rink.
- For an adult party, collect a few dollars per person and host a costumer contest voted on by all of the guests. Winner(s) get to keep the cash collected.
We hope you learned a little something about Halloween and all of the ways you can celebrate with us at Chester Skateland. Please contact us with any questions you have about our Halloween party, planning one of your own or anything Chester related. We hope you have a hair-raising Halloween and a fantastic fall season.