Are you feeling the love or do you need help getting your blood pumping?
February is American Heart Month and we are here to remind you that there are plenty of ways to improve your heart health while having fun.
We have attached this graphic from www.rollerskating.com to show you some statistics when it comes to using roller skating as a form of exercise.
Not only is roller skating safer than contact sports but it is easier on the joints than running. Most of the time, roller skating will keep your heart in the fat burning (orange) zone but can increase your heart rate to the cardio zone as well. The average person will burn about 600 calories during a one-hour session. How long do you have to be on an elliptical to do that?
According to healthfitnessrevolution.com, these are the ten top health benefits of roller skating:
- Easy on the joints. Roller skating gives you same aerobic benefits without the strain to your joints.
- Great cross training exercise.
- Calorie/fat burning.
- Good for mood health.
- Builds muscles in your arms and legs.
- Great for balance, agility and coordination.
- Strengthens the heart. Roller skating is recognized as an aerobic exercise by the American Heart Association.
- Improves endurance. Not only does it build muscles but it helps maintain muscle strength.
- Can be done anywhere (but Chester is our favorite!)
- Good for social health
If you’re worried about your roller skating skills, check out our skating lesson options. Whether your doctor said you need to work on your heart health or you are just want to try new things with your family in 2019, come down to Chester Skateland for healthy family fun.